Tuesday, July 7, 2009

CSA Workshare

I participate in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Workshare program. It's not because I have a lot of free time or need any more vegetables than I already grow. I participate in the CSA workshare to learn. I have learned about vegetables I have never grown before. I have learned better succession planting management. I have learned how to better utilize the space in my garden to grow more veggies in a small space. I have learned SOOO MUCH!!!

Last week I helped harvest a beautiful bunch of heirloom carrots.....Atomic Reds, Whites, and Oranges. You can see the harvest here. If you are interested in gardening I can't think of a better place to start....learn from the pros by working for them and then put that knowledge to work for yourself. If you are not interested in gardening, then consider buying a membership in a CSA. You will get to taste foods that are fresh, usually grown using organic growing methods at the peak of ripeness, delicious and cannot compare to store purchased produce. You are also helping support a local farmer which helps the economy on a local level, as well as minimizing the "carbon footprint" that most food (shipped thousands of miles) requires.

Take a look at my CSA at Circle M Farms and then check out a CSA near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Recommended for Essential Oils

Resources

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory