Saturday, July 25, 2009

How to Make a Chicken Coop

I found a nice easy pattern for how to build a chicken coop. It is fast and easy and allows you to move the structure around for fresh grass each day for your birds. Click on the picture to check it out.

While I have permanent structures for my birds on my property, a smaller portable coop plan would be great for when I have a few new layers that I raise with my meat birds. I don't like to raise them together for long, but the layers are generally too small to incorporate into my flock until they are older. A catawbacoop would be the nice solution for those birds for a few months.

I'm hoping my dad will build me one of these for my Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Recommended for Essential Oils

Resources

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory