Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemade Cracker Recipe

I am looking for a tasty and nutritious homemade cracker recipe. For far too long have I relied on convenience snack crackers. I want to make my own homemade snack crackers for a couple of reasons. First, I can control what ingredients go into these snacks. I will not put ingredients I cannot pronounce into the crackers. I will also not used hydrogenated oils, high-fructose corn syrup or any other potentially hazardous materials....just wholesome fresh ingredients.

Second, this will save me money. The money I save on making my own snacks using a homemade cracker recipe can be turned back into purchasing organic ingredients. This is a double bonus. I get healthier snacks and no possible hazards from those wholesome ingredients.

The first recipe I am going to try is from the cookbook Hopkins' Healthy Home Cooking published by Diane Hopkins. This is my second all-time favorite cookbook when looking for healthy tasty food. The recipe, Graham Crackers, is on page 39. It seems easy enough. If the kids love them I will probably bake dozens and dozens and then put them in the freezer for my own slow food "fast/convenience food."

Snack food is my greatest hurdle to cross in moving to an organic diet primarily because snack foods are expensive and organic snack foods are doubly so. So if I can get an array of snack foods my kids love and I have them in abundance, I will not need the crutch of convenience foods.

Okay.....off to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Recommended for Essential Oils

Resources

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory