Monday, January 19, 2009

Lamb Meatballs

Tonight I am cooking Lamb Meatballs with buttered Spaghetti Squash and salad. This is the first recipe that I am using all lamb meat rather than a lamb/beef combo. It is the second to last spaghetti squash I have left from the autumn harvest. We got to eat several squash, but many of them froze in my breezeway. That was disappointing, but I am hoping that next year they will be stored in my new root cellar. I am forgoing any vacation this year for a new root cellar where I can successfully store all my root crops and apples I grow this year.

Lamb Meatball Recipe

1 lb. ground lamb
2 eggs, beaten
2 T cornmeal
1/4 C oat bran
2 T cream
2 T parsley flakes
1 T paprika
1/4 t black pepper

Combine all ingredients and shape into golf-ball size meatballs.
Coat with olive oil and bake in an uncovered casserole dish at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Serve with hot buttered spaghetti squash with freshly grated nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Recommended for Essential Oils

Resources

Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory